Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Today's Good News - July 1982

Extra! The Disneyland Press reports “Today’s Good News” for July 3rd thru July 9th, 1982.






Lots of fun entertainment on tap.





Parade route on the fold out section.






Promotion for Tron!





July 9th 1982 was also the release date of Tron! Oh man, I loved that movie! I have it on VHS, Laserdisc and CED (Select-a-vision discs).





Even better than the movie was the full size arcade game “The Discs of Tron”. I played a machine just like this one for years at the arcade in the Sherman Oaks Galleria, I worked at the Galleria from 1982 to 1984. I must have spent hundreds of dollars on this game (and Dragon Slayer!) I got pretty good at Tron, but there were always a few people better than me!






A couple screen shots of the game. You better watch you step or Sark and the MCP will de-res you then its “game over”!






Tomorrow: A fun Disneyland Flyer Comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment