Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Euro Disneyland Pre-opening Report

Time for a post on a subject I know nothing about...  Euro Disneyland.  Now called Disneyland Paris, this was the second Disney Theme Park built outside of the united states. This great glossy color brochure is a gem. The artwork reminds me of the Walt Disney World concepts (cover art of the Castle look familiar?) and the entire brochure looks to be copied from the Tokyo Disneyland pre-opening brochure (link).








Hey, I like that map! Isn't that concept art on the right (Tomorrowland-ish) from Disneyland circa 1960's? This place looks pretty similar to Disneyland Anaheim, maybe I better visit France!









There is a 22 page report that came with the brochure. Its pretty dry, but any Disney theme park nut like me will find it fascinating. Download the entire report here:


Euro Disneyland 22 page report - Disney Way I


I want one copy of everything in this library! Jason at Disneyland Nomenclature might find the "Nomenclature Guidelines" of some interest, I sure would!






There are a few pages that talk about Tokyo Disneyland, this is the second page of the "coming attractions" to Tokyo Disneyland. "Matterhorn Bobsleds" March 1993. I don't think that ever happened did it? Toyko Magic might know.






This blank envelope came with the package, I have no idea why.




Here's an early Euro Disneyland Passport or "Haute saison" you didn't know I speak French did you? Oh, I don't....


No comments:

Post a Comment