Thursday, November 18, 2010

Letter from Disneyland - March 1971

Did you ever wonder how many people write to Disneyland and what they write about? I actually wrote a letter to Disneyland last year inquiring about press credentials (Ok so the blog isn’t really the “press”, but I had to try) I of course have had no response from the Magic Kingdom. Back in March of 1971 Mr. Robert wrote to Disneyland and got a response. Postage Due – Bad show!






It appears Mr. Robert wanted to use “some official envelope or emblem” for his stamp collection. And it appears his was flatly turned down, although Disneyland does provide a nice logo sample on this letterhead!






Here’s a great Vacationland from the Winter/Spring 1971. What a the wonderful cover photo (as seen on the 1971/2 guide book from this post – link). Upper left photo, guy with the kid on his shoulders looks familiar to me? If I didn’t know better I’d say he has a striking resemblance to a certain gorilla that doesn’t blog…?





ZOOM!!! You’ll have to come back on Bonus Sunday to see the rest of this fun article.






Wow now that's a centerfold!





I must have missed this Disney Classic, is it any good?






Another super article, again you’ll have to come back on Bonus Sunday to read the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment