Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grad Nite - 1966

We’ve made it all the way to Grad Nite ’66 at Disneyland! June 16, 1966 – The usual 11:00pm till 5:00am.

These tickets have a “fun” font and those cool little star-sparkle things, they remind me of the cartoon beginning of Bewitched. I don’t know what the grand prize was (maybe Jason knows?) but I’m guessing it’s not a 1966 Mustang since it’s not stated on the ticket like the 1964 & 1965 Grad Nite tickets.






The usual stuff is on the back. And - HOLD YOUR OWN TICKET, what are you crazy?






The lucky holders of these tickets took advantage of the fact you had to buy a photo with each ticket purchase. The cover is extra thick stock, the type you would get from a mid priced photo gallery, not bad for a buck!






The happy couple, lets call them Ken and Peggy. While getting this scan ready to post this thought occurred to me; Should I be posting someone’s picture on the internet that I don’t even know? I guess it’s mine since I bought it off EBay, the same as many of the other vintage images we see on the other blogs. I suppose if it were “precious” to someone, I wouldn’t have it. Weird…..





Tomorrow: Yes boys and girls, that’s right, Grad Nite 1967!

No comments:

Post a Comment