Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Black Hole - Disney News & See - Hear - Read

I hope you like Disney’s “The Black Hole” (I know “Paul!” does) because today’s post is all about the “interesting” movie. My own opinion is; the visuals and space sequences are quite well done, the story had potential, the acting is a bit under whelming, the dialog is dreadful and the ending is confusing and lame, hey I just described Armageddon!





Here’s a nice four page article dedicated to the hope (hype) that the movie would be a huge hit. Peter Ellenshaw who worked on 20,000 leagues was the production designer for The Black Hole, which explains whey parts of the move look really cool.







“A journey that begins where everything ends".






It’s time for some audio-visual fun. Anyone more than a couple of decades old probably remembers the read along book and record sets. Turn the page when you hear the chime. I grew up on these in elementary school.





I’ve scanned all the pages and recorded each side of the record so you can; Hear the Record, See the pictures and Read the book. My video is a bit dark, but the sound should come out nice and clear.






















Side two – the joys of flipping over a vinyl record.





















I hope you enjoyed that little show & tell. It’s actually a great movie when you condense it down to 9 minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment