Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Fun Party at Disneyland - September 24, 1970

Forty year ago today it was the 3rd annual Southland Hospitals Family Fun Party at Disneyland - September 24, 1970. 10am to 11pm - wow 13 hours of unlimited use of all attractions including the "Breathtaking Haunted Mansion" and free parking all for $4.25!







From my private vault, this is one of my favorite Vacationland magazines. From the Fall of 1970. I suppose I can identify with the kids on the cover being about their age in 1970. Even though the cover shot is most likely staged, it captures something unique to that time period that you really just had to be there to understand.






Speaking of capturing the mood of 1970, this art style really does it - boy do I like it! It's a good article too.






Life before Photoshop was good.






Sugar never looked so sweet. Great Disneyland Castle drawing on the sugar packed, I gotta get one those!





Come back tomorrow for this entire issue and come back Sunday for the Spring 1959 Vacationland, its a Bonus Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment