Thursday, May 26, 2011

Unlock the Magic - May 26, 1983

Twenty-eight years ago today two lucky cast members were able to “Unlock the Magic” at the Cast Premiere of The New Fantasyland at Disneyland. May 26, 1983 was not the only dedication ceremony as seen in my June 1st post of last year (link) I still want to know if they “lowered the draw bridge” at each ceremony?




“The Dream Lives Happily Ever After at Disneyland” – this four page article/advertisement has lost its magazine or whatever it came from.




Pinocchio’s Daring Journey is the hallmark attraction in the New Fantasyland”, while this is a pretty decent attraction, I’ve never seen much of a line, it must be the least popular of the five dark rides in Fantasyland. I wonder why?





“Mickey’s Christmas Carol” a year-round Christmas shop? Did they really have this? Please don’t tell me it’s still there and I’ve never noticed it?




Order a bit of Disneyland History”. Want to see one of those Special Edition Commemorative Passports? Check out my “New Fantasyland" – Part 1 post here (link) and if you are really obsessed with “The New Fantasyland" then check out the entire five part series here (link).





I’ve posted this video at least 3 times before but I can’t scan and post about the New Fantasyland without adding this. Make sure and wait for Paul Frees’ voice at the end!




No comments:

Post a Comment