Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Summer Night Passport - 1981

Back in 2000 I was collecting Disneyland Guide books at a steady pace and I guess I never looked inside some of them. As I have been making a list of my Guide Books recently (I'm almost there Jason!) I have found several that have tickets in them!!! And most of the 1980's books also have the dated gate handout inside, oh boy, lots to post!!!!

I found this little mint gem last night in a 1981 Guide Book. "Summer Night Passport" this was getting near the time when the A thru E ticket books were going to be phased out. (MUCH more on that in a near future post as I have found more on when and how in 1982 the transition occurred.) $8.00 for 7 P.M. to closing, August 29th, 1981 was a Saturday, I would guess they were open till 1 A.m. of maybe even 2.am. Not a bad deal for eight bucks!



Hey the photo on the front of this 1981 Guide book looks a lot like the post card set I have been adding to the end of some of my posts (link). I guess they are from 1981!

Wow, Disneyland of my teenage years! I swear it actually felt like the colors in this map!


Back of the book has a neat promo for "Fox and the Hound" and "Condorman" I must have missed both of those. "Borrow a Polaroid for free"! Just buy the film, $15 for 8 so-so prints that probably wont last a lifetime! How about an 8 x 10 Polaroid taken on the back of the Lilly Belle (well, it looks like the Lilly Bell). I have never seen one of those, I wonder how well the 8 x 10 Polaroid format looked and has held up?

Tomorrow, well, tomorrow is up in the air, tune in and see.

Thursday, we have a Special post to celebrate ToonTowns 15th Birthday. Yes it's my favorite realm too (add sarcasm here), I love it so much I've been there twice! Shame on those of you that did not know this importand date was coming up! (I only know because I have the opening day tickets!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment