Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mickey's ToonTown - 15th Anniversary

It was 15 years ago today that our beloved Mickey's Toontown opened it's technicolor gates. According to Wikipedia, Mickey's Toontown was actually two previous projects merged together; Hollywoodland (to be located behind Main Street) and Mickey's Birthdayland (to be located at present day Toontown).

Interestingly, this Special Edition Commemoritve Passport was not valid until two days after Toontoon opened on January 24th, 1993. Did Toontown open two days early or did they just make people wait two days to used these special tickets? As you will see on my post in 2 days, January 26th 1994 was chosen as the day to open Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin.

This ticket is so huge, dare I say it's "cartoonish"! Measuring a ludicrous 14 inches by 4 inches, there is no way to scan the whole thing. Here is the main part, this is the part you get to keep after you use it.


Here is the admission stub section. Yes, this ticket was never used and it's still valid today. I like that even numbered serial number, I have no idea why.




The back is pretty simple, but I think the front makes up for it!





These tickets came in this HUGE envelope, again it won't fit in my scanner, but you get the idea.



Here is the Souvenir Guidebook Cover from January 1993.



The inside of the front Cover.



Nice Trifold map showing the latest "Land".




Mickey's Toontown gets it own section, just like a real "Realm".


To help celebrate Toontown's Anniversary I'm going to post the rest of the Guide Book. I'll use just about any excuse to post these guide books, I love them!

















If you read thru these pages (like I did) you will notice the park changed a lot in the last 15 years. For the better or for the worse? I'm thinking Toontown was the begining of some "dark clouds" that were starting to form over Anaheim in the early to mid 1990's... That's probably why it's my least favorite Land.

However, after this post I feel guilty for only have been to Toontown twice. I will stop in next time to ride my favorite attraction there, the wacky Jolly Trolley, what, it's closed, that figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment