Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday, from Wednesday’s “Date Nite at Disneyland 1967 – Part 2” post, here is the entire Summer 1967Your Guide to Disneyland”.


Summer 1967 Disneyland Guide – 14mb






Lot’s of great stuff in this guide, Pirates is brand new and so is Tomorrowland ’67.






How about a very short vintage Trip Report??? I recently found a box of my old slides from January 1981. This is from my first “playing hookie” trip to Disneyland. As I recall there was a Social Studies test that day (Hi Mr. Shapiro) and since I had no chance of passing I figured it was best to just not show up.

These “Red Tag Photo” slides have aged “OK” (kind of like me) is was a bit of a gloomy day. Is this the Katella Gate entrance?






And now for part two of the vintage trip report, the parking lot! I remember taking this picture and then debating about bringing my 8 pound camera in the park, the camera lost that debate and spent the day in the trunk.






The remaining slides in the box are all of my 1977 Olds Toronado. I was a weird teenager, this looks like it should be your grandpa’s car! I did get an amazing deal on this beast, with the 2nd fuel crisis and the poor economy I got this baby for $2,000, about half its blue book value.






I won’t put you to sleep with all 22 photos so I'll leave you with the nice interior shot. That Gumby on the review mirror has been in every car I’ve owned, I still have him!


No comments:

Post a Comment