Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Busch Gardens - Van Nuys, California.

Welcome to Busch Gardens - Van Nuys, California. This undated (add scream sound here) brochure appears to be from the earlier days of the gardens. There is no mention of the log ride or the expanded areas (link), in fact, this might be one of the first brochures, does anyone know?







The Skyrail was actually fun, even with my fear of heights. It was neat to see (and smell) the beer being made. Heck you can still smell the beer (the hops?) when you drive by on Roscoe Blvd.






I remember the gardens being more lush. I also vividly remember my dad making my mom wait in line with him for the free beers even though she didn't drink. Ah the gold old days...








An actual ticket to the park has eluded me thus far, but at least you can park your car with this!




No comments:

Post a Comment