Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Brunch at Knott's

Setting the way back machine way back, today we take a look at some of Knott's Berry Farm's individual attraction tickets. At one time, Knott's had was free of any admission charge. In 1968, the Knott family fenced in the farm and charged admission for the first time.

Prior to 1968, the attractions that cost money each had there own tickets. These tickets were obviously made with the intent to be kept as souvenirs. I don't have dates for any of these, and I am no Knott's expert (but I know experts are out there). If anyone know the dates of these please let me know.

First up, for 35 cents, the Burro Ride! I'm thinking the Pack Mules thru natures Wonderland (closes at dusk) is a better deal, even at 50 cents!



Now, The Haunter Shack! I loved this place, I thought it was pure magic! Maybe Supernatural, maybe Knott!!! Who wrote these things? I love it!

Nice Legend detail on the back...

My absolute favorite attraction at Knott's! I was very young when I saw this, and I wanted that tiny TV for years!

Back detail; 'Tis a Small World Have Fun!

And lastly, let's take a ride on the Cable Car Tour! I have seen pictures of this and it looks fun! I have some old maps that show it also ran thru most of the parking lot at one time, nice tram! Notice the Globe Paper

Now to dust of my boots, and head a few miles down the road to Disneyland, I've got a pocket full of "D" Tickets to use all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment