Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You're A Winner! Save this Coupon


Splash Mountain opened at Disneyland on July 17, 1989, with soft openings beginning June 19, 1989.

Based on the 1946 movie "Song of the South". Yes, that often played and well known Disney Movie? I've never seen it, I think my mom might have seen it. I don't know anyone my age (42) or younger who has seen this movie. Why did they base a 75 million dollar ride on a movie practically no one has seen?

I'm not a huge fan of "wet" rides, the idea of walking around Disneyland all day in wet socks and soaking underwear sounds dreadful! But this "wet" ride is very well done, and I get a chance to see my buddies from America Sings.

Although not dated, the back of the ticket indicates the lower section is good from February 19, 1989 so I am guessing it was printed around that time.

This ticket is interesting. The lower section is good from February 19th, 1989 and expires June 9, 1989, a couple weeks before the soft opening. And the upper section is good until December 22, 1989. This way you could go to the park while it was being built, then return after it was completed.

How did you win one of these? I have no idea, does any one know? Since this is a lower serial number and it's stamped void, I am not even sure the promotion ever happened?

This ticket is BIG, it measures 9" x 5/8th" and it's thick card stock, nice and glossy.

The rules on the back are pretty simple - Notice the large water mark "complimentary".

I took this picture May 9th, 2007, just as the latest refurb was being finished. These plastic dummy's got to ride Splash all day long!

Tomorrow; The "D" Ticket - Part 3 the late 1960's.

No comments:

Post a Comment