Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Walt Disney World - October 1971 Ticket Book

Welcome to Walt Disney World and The Magic Kingdom” This ticket book is the first stand issue Adult Book for the new Florida Park. Its print date is October 1971. It’s seems that Walt Disney Productions wanted this park to have a more “upscale” look, at least with the tickets!

Notice the stylized letters on the tickets and the curly-cues. And of course The Magic Kingdom got its own special font.






The back of the ticket book is different than Disneyland’s in a few ways; Its vertical instead of horizontal, they include the serial number where Disneyland didn’t, and its for “7” adventures! Even back in 1955 Disneyland books had “8” tickets!




Here is the attraction list. I guess with this skimpy list “7” tickets was enough!



Here are the tickets, A thru E, enjoy.






Back side to show the extra curly-cue’s, how elegant!



Those of you with a keen eye (Progressland) may notice the above “E” ticket is from a Child book and from 1972. My collection is missing an “E” ticket from 1971, every book I’ve gotten has the “E” tickets missing! Sorry for the "inconsistency" but its better than nothing....

Here’s a sneak peak at this weekends “Complete Guide” post, yes it’s back to Florida, 1974!



I am getting excited about my first trip to the Magic Kingdom this summer (link). However, as I study these tickets and Guide book, I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone! Like this Florida place is really some odd “Alternate Universe” for Disneyland fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment