Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Audio Visual Souvenir Day

Today we have a nice little Souvenir that I am dedicating to Dave over at Daveland, yesterday he had a stellar post with It’s a Small World 1960's (link).

Yes ladies and gentleman it’s the amazing Sherman Brother tunes, It’s a small world. This recording today is brought to you on a 45rpm vinyl disc recorded by “Walt Disney Music Co.

This has got to be the first and original version (are there other versions?). This is from the 1964-65 New York Worlds Fair. It looks like a mailer of sorts, mailing a breakable record in this flimsy thing seems like you are asking for trouble.

Neat art work on the front, I don’t recall seeing this one anywhere else. I like all the flags merged together, is this Mary Blair’s work?





The back tells about the attraction at the Fair, presented by “PEPSI-COLA”. “A Salute to UNICEF” Do they still mention the UNICEF tie-in?





Cool Rolly Crump design. Why didn’t this go to Disneyland? And better question; where DID it go?




Here is a scan of side one of the 45 record. It’s in remarkable condition given its age (wait a second, I'm that old too!). I bet it was only played a couple of times.





Speaking of playing it, here you go! Due to Blogspot size limits, I recorded side one in two short parts. First here is the English Version, fun stuff!





Now the Swedish version. Hmmm, I think I like this one better!






I’ll make this brief. There is a big controversy about possible updates to It’s a Small world that include adding Disney Characters, and worse yet, removing an entire section and adding a new one that appears to look awful. You can read more about it here:

Micechat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment