Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walt Disney World - October 1971 Ticket Book **UPDATE**

Looking back to February's post on the first Walt Disney World 1971 ticket book. (Link). That post was missing a 1971 "E" Ticket, I had shamelessly substituted a 1972 "E" ticket because I didn't have a 1971 version. Now we got one! It came in a group of WDW things I won on EBay, I didn't even think there would be a 1971 Booklet in the bunch and with an "E" ticket!.

Here from October 1971 is the first Walt Disney World "E" Ticket. There are actually a number of changes in just one year so the 1972 ticket used in the prior post was way off;


  • The "Hall of Presidents" and the "Country Bear Jamboree" will move UP to the "E" in 1972, they start off in 1971 on the "D" (see 1971 "D" below).

  • The "Mickey Mouse Revue" will move down to the "D" ticket in 1972.

  • This one was news to me, In 1972 the "Tropical Serenade" will become the "Enchanted Tiki Birds" and move down to the "D" ticket.





The rest of the October 1971 Tickets, ah, a mass of Globe Paper.....





From April 1972, Adventureland has the "Tropical Serenade".




September 1972 shows the name change to the "Enchanted Tiki Birds". All that stuff above about the transportation ticket is missing from this book because this is a "in park" ticket book only, no admission or transportation tickets included.





This is from a HUGE wall map I have of Walt Disney World. I think it's the first one, it's not dated, but I have studied it well and it's very early WDW. Here is the Adventureland listing section. Apparently the (Tropical Serenade) is in the Sunshine Pavilion.




Here is the section of the map showing the "Tropical Serenade" (#25) right in the middle. This map is done in fun style, I like it.



I was going to try and "paste" this BIG wall map together from multiple scans, any suggestions on what software to use. I am using Corel Draw 9 now (don't laugh, it was free...).

No comments:

Post a Comment