Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Walt Disney Home Video 1984 & POC Update

Today's post is something a little different and not a ticket, but it is becoming Vintage.

This is a little booklet full of Walt Disney's Home Video selections from 1983/84. Most title's are available on VHS and Beta, also select titles available on Laser Videodisc and CED Videodisc. I collect 3 of these 4 formats (sorry Beta) with CED being my favorite.

CED (or Select-a-vision) disc's are 12" disc's that play Video and Sound, these are not laser disc's, the players have a micro needle and the disc's have a groove. They are like audio 33rpm LP's except they play at 450rpm's and have 10,000 groove's per inch, they are from 1980 thru 1984, but I digress. (If your interested in CED's check out this web site - CEDMagic.com)

I've posted the front cover and a few select pages of the movie booklet. The entire booklet can be downloaded here:


Walt Disney Home Movies Booklet - 1984 (10mb)


Don't miss the "Fun Center" in the middle of the booklet, but you'll have to download the whole booklet for that....



Tron! Underrated..... I loved it, still do. It's neat on CED (in Stereo!) TEX? I must have missed that one, on purpose.




The Original Freaky Friday! Jodie foster when she looked like a girl....




A few classics's. Old Yeller is the ONLY time I have seen my dad cry.





My work brought me within 3 miles of Disneyland yesterday so I just HAD to stop in and ride Pirates of the Caribbean for its 41st birthday. I guess about 50,000 other people had that idea too!! These are cell phone pictures, pardon the low quality.




Awesome weather at the park, does Disney order it that way?




Here's a warning for you, avoid the Simba Parking Lot! Unless you like to walk A LOT! I was in the far corner of this lot (in Buena Park I think) and they make you walk around the Paradise Hotel and thru Downtown Disney to get to the park. Not too bad on the way in, but OUCH my feet hurt on the way out!





Tomorrow, back by popular demand - It's a Small World Audio - Visual Day Part 2, Yodeling and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment