Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Magic of the Mountain

Lets take a close look at "The Magic of the Mountain". This is a great souvenir book from the early 1970's. It measures 6 X 9 and has a lot of great color pictures. I've posted the whole thing on today's post and just because - here is the whole thing in a high resolution PDF file. (Link) 30mb.

Some of these pictures are repeats found on post cards and other Magic Mountain guides. However, the center of the guide photo (the centerfold?) is a splendid shot of the bottom of Valencia Falls & Fountains. I think this is still mostly there, however it has two roller coasters running thru it and looks very different. I think I see a before and after project coming.















That sign is still there (but with Six Flags on it) along with the little building that used to be a info and gift shop, I think it just has signs on it now. I always wanted to stop there but never did.

If you like amusement and theme parks (who doesn't?) check out Shane's Amusement Attic, I hope you have about 3 or 4 hours to kill, theres 46 pages!

See you on Super Bonus Sunday~!


No comments:

Post a Comment